1. ModCloth Umbrella // An umbrella is a definite must with the back and forth New Orleans weather!
2. Combat or Moto Boots // If you want to save your feet from all the nastiness on the ground in the French Quarter and on Bourbon Street this time of year, you’ll bring a pair of these.
3. Longchamp Tote // For storing and toting all of your parade throws and other essentials.
4. Army Parka // Perfect for the ever fluctuating temperatures.
5. Camera // Trust me, there will be sights you won’t believe you saw if you don’t capture them on film!
6. In A Pinch Emergency Kit // Because sh*t happens.
7. Flask // Need I say more?
The city has been such a fun and exciting place lately as we just hosted the Superbowl and now the week after is Mardi Gras! I haven’t been home for carnival season for years, so I’m soooooo excited for Mardi Gras next week and all of the associated festivities now that I’ve moved back to the city! I put together some Mardi Gras essentials that are absolutely necessary if you’re going to be spending carnival season in New Orleans. I hope this helps if you’re coming in town for Mardi Gras, or if you ever decide to come for the holiday in the future! Happy Hump Day!